May 15


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Another day of Worship at the Cayman Island Baptist Church, and learning a wonderful song – When Death was Arrested. Really amazing.

After lunch we saw the clouds moving on, so we went snorkeling after all. It had rained big time again last night, like around 4 am. The waves at Cemetery Beach were too rough, so we ended up in the millpond of Eden Rock once more. It was lovely and warm though the sun wasn’t shining consistently. Saw some rarer fish: a gray angelfish we usually only see in the Keys, the barred hamlet, and I finally saw the tobaccofish that David had seen and photographed the other day.

We had dinner at the Czech Inn and learned a bit more about George, the owner. He emigrated here 15 years ago, was the executive chef at a fancy restaurant, and started this 7 years ago. He works too hard and has very high blood pressure and boy is it hard to understand him, but his food is excellent.

And tonight is a full lunar eclipse if we can stay away long enough! I'm posting two photos. It's a "blood moon" and we saw the red starting. More tomorrow....

Only one more day....


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb