Maiden Cruise


Advertisement
Published: December 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Just home from our first real cruise....we had a 3 day cruise out of Sydney several years ago over Australia Day to give us a taste.

This was 14 days with 5 ports of call on a very big ship!

Pics tell the story.

Click on the first to expand.



Stay tuned for our winter adventure coming up after Christmas...one we have been planning for several years...

Ecuador; Quito, Cuenca, Galapagos and Upper Amazon.

Peru; Lima, overland 12 day tour to Nasca Lines, Lake Titicaca (3812m or 12 500 feet elevation) Cusco and Machu Picchu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Celebrity ReflectionCelebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale Florida with over 3000 aboard. The ship makes its own water and deals in an environmentally responsible way with all waste aboard.
63106310
6310

Our balcony cabin is second from the right on the deck just above the dark glass of a restaurant.
CaribbeanCaribbean
Caribbean

Unfortunately the map function of this site is not working. After leaving Fort Lauderdale we sailed to the Cayman Islands, Cartagena Columbia, Aruba, Curacao then Bonaire with a total of 4 sea days in between.
Gust O'Wind!Gust O'Wind!
Gust O'Wind!

We were delighted to be reunited with our old friend after 5 years. Her new owner sailed her to the Caymans and kindly gave us a tour of Grand Cayman and included this visit.
Cartagena flower "girl."Cartagena flower "girl."
Cartagena flower "girl."

An interesting port in Columbia but we were harassed mercilessly by hawkers...fortunately the only port where that happened.
MuranoMurano
Murano

We had prepaid for 3 specialty meals. This was the French one...all were outstanding.
butterfly farmbutterfly farm
butterfly farm

On Aruba we took a tour around the island to get a taste of what it had to offer. It was the only port with an overnight stopover.
CuracaoCuracao
Curacao

One of several beautiful beaches on this small island.
rugged north coastrugged north coast
rugged north coast

Each of the ABC islands has a rugged north coast battered by strong trade winds. They are fortunate to be south of the Caribbean's hurricane zone.
Dutch AntillesDutch Antilles
Dutch Antilles

The 3 islands are all Dutch protectorates relying on tourism to get by. The Dutch style of colonial architecture is common to all three.
creative watermeloncreative watermelon
creative watermelon

the food aboard was first class, even in the buffet dining room...something for everyone...we met fellow passengers from many diverse countries.
Bonaire Bonaire
Bonaire

...is renowned for diving/snorkelling...the water is perfectly clear. This taken off the town dock.
Willemstad CuracaoWillemstad Curacao
Willemstad Curacao

Duty free heaven! We are not great shoppers but did pick up some unique bamboo shirts...ultra light and breathe better than cotton.
PoolsPools
Pools

2 of the 4 pools aboard.
AtriumAtrium
Atrium

Located amidships, this was a central location for entertainment and the 12 elevators servicing the 16 decks.


11th December 2018

Maiden Cruise
Wow Wow Wow - beautiful - amazing - BIG Ship - DO NOT erase me - Have a Merry Merry Christmas - See you on our next venture
11th December 2018

Next...
Looks good as always...now we are in Margaritaville where there is a cold front..should F T soon.
11th December 2018

Next...
Looks good as always...now we are in Margaritaville where there is a cold front..should F T soon.
15th December 2018

Great Pics
And the Best is yet to be ?

Tot: 0.61s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb