Still Caribbean Vibes


Advertisement
Published: March 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hola!

So we're on our fourth day in San Pedro/Ambergris and still loving it as much as ever! We spent a few days with our American chums over-enjoying the daily nightlife including a lovely midnight swim! The 'place to be' seems to change every night so we've danced the night away in most of the clubs on the whole island, from live reggae to karaoke to pop and reggaeton - all on the beach, what a life!

As far as the daytimes go, they seem to involve a LOT of food and a LOT of sun and not much else. We've been living on Quesadillas, Burritos, Pupusas and Fajitas - we're proud to announce we know the fine differences - and the occasional rice and beans thrown in. We did go snorkelling on the Belize Barrier Reef (second biggest in the world) where we saw a lot of lovely tropical fish, coral, turtles and a sting ray.



Due to everyone going to the same chillout each night, we've befriended a lot of the locals, from 'Hairy' (your stereotypical rasta who even wears a Bob Marley t-shirt) to 'Blackino' and 'Price' - two local reggae singers and 'Sunshine', a lovely Belizean woman. They weren't lying when they said that Bob Marley is a true legend here and we can now officially say that we've listened to 'Jammin'' while lying under a palm tree on a Caribbean beach!

That's it for now, we're going to try and get photos to follow but internet's not cheap here. Tomorrow we're off to mainland Belize for about 10 days and a bit of real-deal culture before heading back to Guatemalaaaa!

Big love as always, Roseybru and Lubru xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.069s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb