Day 3 Ambergris Caye, Belize


Advertisement
Published: December 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

San Pedro Canyon, Ambergris CayeSan Pedro Canyon, Ambergris CayeSan Pedro Canyon, Ambergris Caye

Donna holding a nurse shark on our first dive 12/13/11.
Started the day with a long walk to the north end of the Caye, and saw some truly beautiful homes. North end of the Caye is very quiet, only saw one food mart, a few beach bars, and a couple of resturants. There is a very distinct difference between the north and the south, both having their own special ambieance. We had planned a two tank dive today, as it was sunny and warm when we left at 11:00. Waves were pretty big on the way out, but we got in right away and it wasn't too bad. By the time we came up 45 minutes later things had changed. A storm had blown in that quickly, waves were about 3-4' and it was raining. Luckily we were only 10 minutes from the dock, so it wasn't too bad on the run back in. The dive was great as they all have been, again I have to give credit where credit is due, and that is with the divemaster and first mate from Reef Adventures, Michael and Chuck. They do a terrific job, and give you a lot of lattitude when your under the water letting you do and go where you want while keeping you in sight and safe. Not easy to do with 4 divers. The nurse sharks continue to amaze me, they are so docile and friendly. As you can see by the pictures from today we were able to get up close and personal with one guy. When you scratch them under the belly they almost purr. This is our good friend Donna Rink holding a nurse shark in San Pedro Canyon. No lionfish today, but there is always tomorrow. Tonight Dave and Jim are going to try night diving, it will be Dave's first night diving adventure. Donna and I are going to visit some of the local waterholes, like The Tackelbox and Wet Willy's!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb