Chapter 8: Stormy Weather


Advertisement
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Chapter 8: Stormy Weather



Dinner was, as it has been every evening, superb. The table is set beautifully in an amazing environment: beneath palm trees on sand decorated via rake or stick with symbols, our initials and a warm “Welcome.” There is a soup course, an appetizer, a main course and dessert; always too much and always quite good. Our final bottle of Kim Crawford goes down easily.



Earth has one moon, Mars has two and this night Cayo Espanto has three: one full from the heavens above and two full from Casa Ventanas to our left which, now that there is something to see, somehow seems more visible than I had noticed before. It is the only accommodation thrust out on the water so it is more visible to its neighbors as our neighbors are more visible to us. My recommendation for non-exhibitionists would be to opt for casitas not thrust out over water. For the record, I do not object to this situation in the least; B4 is just slightly taken aback.



As we complete our meal we head back to Casa Brisa just as thunder sounds and the rains re-commence. B4 wanted to catch up on the news but DISH fails in the rain and she is greatly frustrated. She strongly dislikes DISH as a television provider but also realizes that cable won’t ever make it to this remote locale. She retreats to her book “Palace of Treason,” the sequel to “Red Sparrow” and is happy to do so.





Soon it is time for sleep serenaded by rain on the roof and wind rattling the shutters punctuated by thunder first nearby and then, after a bit, far away. Sleeping in the rain; what could be better?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb