Chapter 7: San Pedro Town


Advertisement
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Chapter 7: San Pedro Town



We request the Cayo Espanto Shuttle to report to our Casa Brisa dock at 12:30 to transport us into San Pedro Town for some local color. Promptly, the boat arrives from the sea side and the staff arrives from the island side. We are presented with a walking map and a flip phone and told to please call the number laminated on the phone lid about ten minutes before we want to be picked up at the town dock for the return to Cayo. Off we go through calm seas rather than the deluge which greeted us when we were last aboard this craft. We were quickly deposited at the dock and then, unexpectedly, given a personal escort past dilapidated hovels to the main street where further instructions were supplied to reach the beach and the bars clustered there.



We strolled—there was nothing to attract our attention from a retail perspective—and found ourselves on a mostly deserted beach. We saw a wooden bowl or two for sale but opted to be responsible and purchase not one thing. This is worthy of note as it does not often occur.



Soon we stumbled across Fido’s, walked up the step which—oddly given the name of this place—sported a “No Dogs” sign and found a table. They were out of conch fritters but did have lobster fritters so we ordered those along with a bottle of water for my date and a local Belikin beer for me. Later, another Belikin, some fish and chips and an ”Island Plate” completed our meal.



Not impressed with San Pedro Town, we made our way back to the city dock where our phone call was promptly answered with return transportation. Circling Cayo Espanto just because we asked, we were back at our casita quickly and greeted with cold towels, bottles of water and ice cream.



Chef Richard came calling with tonight’s menu selections, B4 asked Carlos and Flavio to set up the umbrella on our pier so she could continue with her book and I made a quick plunge into our pool before settling in to pen this chapter.



The weather is fine, the vibe is good. We have new neighbors in Casa Ventanas who checked in while we were away. They are, it appears, nudists. Other than at a distance, we don’t expect to see much of them as is the custom here. A fully clothed man kayaked by and I assume him to be our other neighbor in Casa Solana but that is mere speculation.





This “private island” is private in multiple ways. If it is conviviality you seek, go elsewhere. If you wish to be immersed completely by your lover who deserves your complete and total attention, this is the spot where she or he shall well receive it, clothed or not.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb