Barbados - The penultimate day


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
August 21st 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post



We had booked Horse Riding today - so we were all up early to be there for 8.30. Nice place, like riding stables worldwide seems to have a certain element of rundown mode built in. We arrived early about 8.15 and were there before the owner turned up - just a couple of stable hands getting the horses ready.

We weren't the only ones on the ride - there were 3 other people as well. They would go down through the forest and past the windmill and then ride along Morgan Lewis beach (the one we'd been to earlier in the holiday).

We took the car and followed them down to the sea. They seemed to take forever to get through the woods - but they took it very easily which was good. We took some pictures of them as they approached and passed and then followed them at a safe distance down to the beach. Unfortunately after all the rain our 4WD got bogged down and even rocking it backwards and forwards didnt help. I'm not impressed by the 4WD capabilities of the Grand Vitara - even when it tells me its in 4WD the front wheels didnt seem to be turning. Anyway a bit of judicious pushing (as you can see from the picture) and we were on our way again. The car was equally muddy - with muddy hand prints all over it!

We then picked up the hot children and headed down the East coast and picked up some petrol before spending even more time at the Crane. Looked like somebody was home at Price Andrews house as the umbrellas were up!

On the way back to the car more wild green monkeys - including one sitting on our spare wheel! Then back to the villa and more swimming. As I wanted to confirm our flights and check-in we went to Weizers and had a bite to eat there. As we were also much closer to the bar the network speed was much faster. Then back home for some more ice cream!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb