Journey to Barbados


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The PoolThe PoolThe Pool

We're back!
Taxi to Wycombe station at 6:30 we'd already bought the tickets so straight onto the train (6:50 to Marylebone) and then tube to Victoria (changing at Oxford Circus - its really easy as you just cross platforms from the Bakerloo line to the Victoria line). Then the Gatwick express to surprisingly Gatwick.

Plane was going to be on time but we were early enough to have some breakfast and join the IRIS recognition program run by customs - hopefully on the way back in we can jump the queue and go through the IRIS recognition channel! In reality if it works I'll be most surprised and we'll probably end up at the back of the queue for entering the UK.

Plane was a strange 3 - 3 - 3 so we had 5 in a row with 2 aisles and a window seat. Flight seemed to go very quickly and the food wasn't too bad. On arrival in Barbados you are immediately hit by the heat - we walked into the terminal building and joined the queue for imigration. Stupidly I'd left the telephone number of the women we were supposed to call on arriving... but as I'd planned
The HouseThe HouseThe House

Inside
"Donald" the taxi driver was waiting for us and half an hour later we were at El Nido and Lynn met us. The house is lovely, I was a bit concerned as it doesn't have air conditioning but a unique design with cool tiles and open windows allows the heat and air to flow through the building.

We were shown around and then the kids were in the pool. I popped up to the Shell service station and got a few bits and pieces as the car was coming at 7 pm. The car was actually already outside a Suziki Grand Vitara and we filled in the documents, insurance etc. when the lady brought the keys.

More swimming a few sandwiches and it was time for bed. Everyone was in bed around 9 pm. (2 am London time).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The House 2The House 2
The House 2

Inside again
More PoolMore Pool
More Pool

and toys
CorridorCorridor
Corridor

Long and Cool with the air coming through it


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb