Hawk's Nest


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
February 7th 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Chill'axinChill'axinChill'axin

Jen and Jay, chilling and relaxing at Hawk's Nest Marina and Resort.
After spending the last 10 days exploring Cat Island and being at anchor, we were ready for a marina hit. So we headed down to Hawk’s Nest at the southern end of Cat Island. The entrance to this marina and resort was very tricky; so narrow that we had to work our way cautiously between a rock bar and coral heads with waves crashing on the stern and so shallow we had to wait for high tide to run the creek entrance. But we got in, tied up, and enjoyed all this marina had to offer. The resort was about a half mile away from the marina, but they provide complementary bicycles to go to the clubhouse and restaurant which we thoroughly enjoyed riding. And we spent the next day on the internet by the pool or reading books in the beachside cabanas. It was a great break from the anchor life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

PoolsidePoolside
Poolside

Hanging out at the pool in Hawk's Nest- can't beat the view!
The ClubhouseThe Clubhouse
The Clubhouse

The clubhouse at Hawk's Nest- so nice!
The BarThe Bar
The Bar

The Bar and restaurant at Hawk's Nest, where we enjoyed a couple really great meals!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb