Golf in Bahamas


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau
November 10th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Blue Shark - Its not open yet - but had a chance to play this week in a preview outing. In combination with Paradise Island’s Ocean Club, it makes Nassau a real golf destination.

If you hire a cab, say you are going to South Ocean Resort, near Stuart's Cove marina.

Its a new - or redeveloped course by Greg Norman, so, it has that new course look....but its a gorgeous course and definitely ready to play. The clubhouse was not done, but it looked impressive from the outside.

A forecaddie accompanied us throughout the round ..... made it easy to find balls in some of the tougher rough areas. Carts were brand new - looks as if there will be a GPS system on them in the near future.

A couple holes are right on the water.

There's a series of holes on the back 9 that are called the sharks teeth....I lost 2 balls on 3 holes.

With the great service (my clubs were cleaned and back in the rental car after a beer) , I give the experience a 9 of possible 10.

Later that evening, it was off to Paradise Island for some Craps before settling in for the night at the British Colonial Hilton.


Keep an eye on the course website for grand opening announcement's, it has a real possibility of making a top 100 public course in the next 2 years.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb