Doing repairs in Nassau


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau » Bahamas
March 30th 2014
Published: March 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We don't have internet here- have to go to a bar. So this will be short for now! We left Bimini and had a nice crossing over the Bahama Banks. What wonderful blue water! It's a bit scary at first to see grass and maybe coral below you , but after some time you get used to it and relax a bit. We made it to Chub Key by nightfall to anchor. The next morning we continued on to Nassau. We were able to sail for a bit and then of course the wind changed and we had to motor. We ran into some issues that I will get into later, but let's just say for now that we are in Nassau doing repairs. We have been here over a week, and we are hoping to be ready to leave by Thursday. We are ok, so is Caribee. We are trying to take a little time here and there to see all the things around us... we walked over to Paradise Island one evening to look at the aquarium, we have walked to one end of the island to get fresh fish, and we have walked all over to Marine stores and hardware stores. A newfound friend invited us to a wonderful tea at the Government House hosted by Her Excellency the governer's wife on the balcony of the historic building. Afterwards our friends drove us around to show us more of the island. We are again so grateful to have meet such good people. We also met someone here on business and we have had a few get togethers in the evening so it's not all work thankfully. We had not intended to stop in Nassau at all, but once again Caribee has decided to alter our plans and show us new places.

I will follow up with a more detailed blog and some photos when I can

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb