Bahama break in Exuma


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We planned a vacation from CA and narrowed our options down to either Curacao, Belize or the Bahamas and opted for the Bahamas. Phase II of operation vacation was which island to visit, I knew that Nassau and NP were out of the question but the deeper I looked the more islands I found to visit in the Bahamas. After some whittling we came down to Bimini, Eluthera and Exuma and eventually settled on the latter.



Exuma did not disappoint (other than some rain) and during our visit we stayed outside of Georgetown and visited local beaches, Stocking Island and did the Cay tour to the north of the island. We had a great time on this very relaxed and slow paced island (restaurants closed at 9:30 pm) just milling about and seeing what we could see. I would honestly like to return but with so many different Bahamian islands to see I'm not sure we would double up here rather than checking another island out. So many islands... so little time.



As a side note, the Cay tour was amazing and you will see gobs of private boats touring the Cays and yachting/sailing and
Atlantic side of stocking islandAtlantic side of stocking islandAtlantic side of stocking island

Had the whole beach to ourselves for a while.
living "the life"... it would have been great to have the time/luxury to have a private boat and just cruise around the island/cays at your own pace but oh well. Outside of that the Atlantic side of Stocking Island was beautiful. If you find yourself in Exuma, rent a boat for inside the harbor and you can see a lot of places that are not accessible by foot otherwise, just my 2 cents.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sharks!Sharks!
Sharks!

Ok just Nurse Sharks...
Dot is a stingrayDot is a stingray
Dot is a stingray

Gray dot in front of Conch shells is a stingray.


Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb