Bubble Baths and Pet Sharks


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Exuma
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We decided to spend the night in Compass Cay. Compass Cay is famous for Tucker and his pet sharks. But before i get ahead of myself lets talk about going to Rachel's Bubble Bath. There is a pond on the Eastern side of the island where the waves break over the rocks and fill the pond and the water sits in the sun all day and heats up. It is a pretty walk up the creek to Rachel's Bubble Bath and you can soak in water water all day. We spent the afternoon hiking around and sitting in the water. When we had enough of the bubble bath we headed into Compass Cay Marina to see Tucker. Tucker has been at Compass Cay Marina since the early sixties and now owns the whole place. He has created a wonderful island that invites all to come and enjoy the beauty of the Exumas.
The pet sharks hang out at the fish cleaning station of course. We gave them our left over club and half a hamburger. They seemed to enjoy them very much. Melissa got in the water with me and the sharks to defeat her fear of sharks. We stayed the night and enjoyed the company of the 3 residents of the island. It was truely a wonderful last night to our trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



6th February 2008

keep the photos coming, and wear sunscreen, love Mom

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 25; qc: 107; dbt: 0.1319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb