Always hard to leave...


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

To leave from a holiday is tough. To leave from this paradise is even tougher! The day had come though. It seems like you have forever when you arrive and then bam! The time is gone.

We awoke early and ate some breakfast. We then decided to walk the beach one more time. At about 11am we went back to do the final packing. At about noon, we caught a taxi to Exuma airport. The ride was about 20 minutes and it was with the same driver who brought us from the airport. He was real nice and he gave us a CD of local music. Our flight was at 1:15 pm and the whole airport check in procedure was very easy. This flight was wide open for stand-by travel and they cleared us for business class again.

I was once again in seat 1A. The views of all the Cays was absolutely amazing! Exuma has 365 Cays, or as they say, one for each day of the year. The flight was mostly smooth. I had a few gin and tonics again. We arrived into Atlanta about 30 minutes early but then I had probably my worst experience ever in customs and immigration. It took well over an hour and a half to clear. I go through Atlanta often and had not experienced anything even half that bad. I heard somebody saying that the computers had been down and that was the reason for the back-up.

When we finally got out of there, the fun began. The flights back to Indianapolis were all very tight for stand-by travel and I really did not think we would all make it, if any of us at all.

You always try though because strange things can happen. We had three options to try and we had luck on the first one at 7:30pm.

We caught Delta 698, a DC-9-50 aircraft. We were in coach seats 20 D,E,and F. The flight was on time and smooth. We arrived in Indianapolis early at 9:10pm. The trip was over.

I would love to return to Exuma! It is a great place to relax and the people are wonderful. I love to visit new places but I think we will try to return here sometime soon.

I guess a lot of Hollywood folks like Exuma too. Many have bought homes down there, including Johnny Depp, who was there while filming two of his Pirate movies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb