Antigua


Advertisement
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Having arrived in Antigua over three weeks ago, you might wonder what the place has to keep anyone here this long. Well actually the time has been spent working on rainmaker. We felt the need to give her lots of love before attempting to sail back across the Atlantic, especially as the way back will potentially be far more challenging.

We've spent the time getting her hauled out to look as good as new, taking the opportunity to do some antifouling and other general maintenance. With her interior also been revamped she does look pretty good and has increased her homeliness a huge amount. As she's been out of the water we camped ourselves for a while in Harmony Hall, which was just delightful. We've also spent a bit of time in Nelson's dockyard, which is incredibly English feeling. It's almost as if someone has taken a piece of the Cotswolds and dropped it in Antigua.

Now we're back in the water and will move out of the Cat Club (which is in fact a marina - not a dodgy nightclub) tomorrow and move up to Barbuda via Five Islands Bay.

Barbuda itself will be a challenge. There are not detailed charts that are reliable so navigation will be done by eye. It should be fun!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb