A Day of Rest, Sunday


Advertisement
Asia
August 23rd 2015
Published: August 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Traditionally Sunday is a day of rest. It started off that way today with a gentle morning of discussions wrapping up this first phase of a much bigger project. There is really nothing outstanding that needs to be done immediately. Followup material can be written over the next few weeks.

Lunch was at the local Tibetan restaurant where I met up with a friend by arrangement. We then traveled for about 20 minutes by cab to visit with one of the biggest art collectors in China. The collection is really very good. We spent the afternoon looking at art and stayed for dinner. The very best Sichuan food will always be found in homes and not in restaurants. It was all delicious, quite outstanding really. Dinner was followed up by tea and looking at more art. Paintings were before dinner, sculpture after dinner. Tomorrow I have a few loose ends to take care of and then to take my apartment host and work mates out for dinner. Tomorrow is the last night in Chengdu for awhile. Alas, it is always over to soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb