Day 24 - Old Goa


Advertisement
Asia
August 12th 2014
Published: August 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 25 - Old Goa
Another sleep in this morning! I think it is because we are doing too little in comparison to what we are used to.
We had another huge breakfast, and have also discussed going in the pool again... Lol
We spoke to Belle from STA Travel last night, we have made a bit of a mess of the order of changing our itinary. It's costly, but worth it! No regrets... Lol
I seriously need to be more busy, all this relaxing is killing me!
Early afternoon we set off in a taxi for Old Goa. It was so not what I was expecting! I had a vision of a little old, quirky town which it definitely is not!
It was a 30 minute tranquil, scenic drive from Doña Paula. It is a calm, yet busy, clutter of streets, carts and shacks. The people didn't bother you, as in other parts of India.
We visited various sites of interest; Church of St Francis of Assissi, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Our a Lady of the Rosary and the Church of St Augustines Ruins. Each site had its own feel to it, and all were different! The Portuguese influence is strong here.
The Ruins offered quite an interesting feel to it, for both Judy and I; a strange, yet interesting place. The catholic influence is huge around here!
On the way back to the taxi, we bought a coconut to drink, in honour of Kyla! We walked for while longer before sitting outside a shack for a cold drink, and to just reflect on our journey together, and to simply enjoy watching the world pass by!
It's been another sunny day, with no rain; that's a blessing at this time if year!
We returned to the hotel for a chill, still thinking about the pool, and trying hard not to nap! Lol
We endured our final evening meal in the hotel! We both opted for the chop suey. It wasn't a choice, it was more of an elimination process! It's a cracking hotel, with really good amenities, offers a brilliant, consistent breakfast...... But the evening menu is terrible! Such a shame.
Tonight we are both attempting to organise our backpacks for leaving tomorrow. We had a try, laughed at our efforts .... Due to excess shopping .... Then decided to leave it until the morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.811s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.5522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb