Day 24 - Panjim


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
August 11th 2014
Published: August 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 24 - Market Day
Today is market day nearby our hotel. We starts the day with the hearty breakfast at the hotel, before taking the complimentary bus into Doña Paula, to the market.
We are planning to use the gym, and go swimming today.... We'll see!
Well, we got the bus into Panjim, as planned, and it was a really good 5 hours of browsing, walking, chatting, drinking and resting! We saw the Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception. We found a bench opposite, and gazed at the beautiful facade for a while. I have been surprised, all over India, by the amount of religious diversity around, but also by how easily they all live harmoniously together. We walked through the Fountainhas, and it's adjacent enclave of São Tomé, is a charming area which gives you a glimpse of how Goa looked in the Portuguese period. We walked through a shopping area called, 18th June Road. The 18th June Road name commemorates the historic ‘Goa Revolution Day'. It is a very popular and busy road today.
I enjoyed it more than I expected to! We got a tuk tuk back to the hotel.
On returning, Jude and I discussed about going swimming; I got my swimming stuff on, ready to go .... I did go swimming..... But only in my dreams......we both fell asleep for a couple of hours! Lol
It's kind of been an easy, non-eventful, but relatively good day!
We often talk about going in the gym too; we don't make it in their either... Lol
We had our evening meal in the hotel again as there is nowhere else close by. Breakfast is good, but evening food is not so good here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



11th August 2014

R & R
Nice you ladies relaxing. Lesley, did they think there was an earthquake with your snoring LOL! Happy times ...enjoy and reflect xx
12th August 2014

Snoring?
Jude's only mentioned me snoring once! Lol
11th August 2014

Fabulous!
Super photos.....you both look very relaxed and happy.
12th August 2014

Relaxed
It is relaxing, bit to be honest, too relaxing. We are sleeping far too much here ! So we are flying to Mumbai On Wed, to get busy again!

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb