Malacca, Malaysia


Advertisement
Asia
January 19th 2011
Published: January 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey Kids and Kid-ettes,


Today we left Singapore and all its food glory for....more food glory in Malaysia! We both decided that we love Singapore, which is not boring or up-tight, as some would have you believe. In fact it appeared positively pulsating with energy and charisma. The food was gorgeous, the beer was cheap (if you knew where to get it), the weather grand, the public transport amazing, And why with all the sex shops and prostitutes, well kids, i've never felt so liberated.

We left on a bus, which doesn't sound to great till i inform you that this was the most fantastic bus on which we have ever traveled! Why if Thor himself had a bus it would look very much like this bus (but his would be golden and have pliant virgins serving drinks) This bus did not have pliant virgins, although it did have a lovely Indian man who showed us how the seats went up...and then down. The bus was air-conditioned, with behind the seat entertainment, enough leg room to stretch right out, and a comfy foot rest.......did i mention the seats went down? Well they did, right down, so that one could be completely horizontal. Not that we did that......never tempt the gods with perfection.

Anyhoo we are in Malacca (or Melaka as it is now called), which is a lovely mix of Chinese tackiness and colonial brutality....evocative! When asked about our journey by the lady at reception, i couldn't help but mention the wonderful bus, which elicited a strange expression.

Hopefully we can catch the same bus to Kuala Lumper!


I'll nag Frank to put some pictures up later....maybe of the bus!!

oxoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb