CAMBODIA


Advertisement
Asia
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi there if anyone is actually following this intermittent blogging! been in Siam Reap now for 4 days with 2 more to go. Getting here was brilliant with a 5 hour river trip on what was one perhaps the latest design for baton rouges on the river seine in 1969. as soon as it left the quay side evryone promptly climbed out the windows and sat on the roof. not just for the views but probably also for safety as if it went down then at least you would just float off.
so suitably perched on the roof the next five hours was reminiscent of all vietnam war films motoring up jungle rivers suitably plugged into the i pod listening to the rolling stones. brilliant
So now we are in wat country and the greatest concentration of travellers yet encountered we are"Watted up to the eyeballs so far so", with visists to three a day, Angkor, tong, tomb raider, to name but three, sat on top of one to watch the sunset and generally climbed and walked through the jungle and battled with the endless postcard, hammock, t shirt. wooden flute, tablecloth and picture sellers which can sell you anything for 1 dollar. so had a day off today to chill by the pool and get beaten to a pulp by two cambodian girls in a massage parlour (traditional, not happy ending!)
one last major wat tomorrow then the next day we are heading into the countryside to find a farmer who will let us loose in his paddy fields and do some ploughing with waterbuffalo, although to be fair there may have soem of that already in the bars around siam reap!!
then off to Australia and big city adventures with Stuie, it will be a culture shock indeed from meals out fro three at 12 $ including drinks, sharing your room with geckos and eating crispy fried locusts.looking forward to it though and the confidence of knowing there will toilet paper in every toilet!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb