Maesot


Advertisement
Asia
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone
thank you for all your lovely messages and prayers. we are all well and looking forward to heading up to Maela refugee camp today, to set up the dental clinic. Hard to know what to expect until we get there. Yesterday we arrived in Maesot, interesting town, lawless it appears... We first went to a local toyshop and bought 90 little toys for 20 baht each, which is about 80 cents... these we will use to bribe the children who have never even seen a dentist before. We enjoyed buying the little gifts😊 After that we headed out for dinner and had some interesting thai curries, chili loaded! Had dinner with a young couple from Gold Coast who are only 19 yrs old and taking a year off Uni to do some volunteer work at the school up at the camp, how admirable, I am looking forward to getting to know them this week. They are getting around town on their rented bicycles for $1 a day! and catching a ute taxi up to the camp...

we are off now to set up the dental clinic, 45 minute drive up the mountain and 45 minute trek to get to the clinic, oh i wish i got fit before i left😊 We have a great team, Abbey, Kylie, Norli and Ian all enthusiastic and looking forward to meeting the refugees.
Love and kisses, lisa, Kylie, ABs xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb