Malaysia, S'pore, Bangladesh...


Advertisement
Asia
December 15th 2009
Published: December 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SadarghatSadarghatSadarghat

The boats full till choked !
November / December 2009 ... Another hop to SEA. Started from Singapore and bus to Larkin to swap bus for another one till PuduRaya in Kuala Lumpur and from there after a night's rest, Skybus till the Large Cattle Carrier Terminal (LCCT) (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) for the flight to bustling Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh ! There the atmosphere was hectic ! The streets were packed with people doing shopping on the eve of the coming Eid festival ! Cow markets at every street corner ! Cows here ! Cows there ! Cows everywhere ! Only for this Eid festival (Nov 2009) Bangladesh sacrificed around 2.8 million cows according to the Daily Star, a local newspaper ! People were all in a hurry. In a hurry to reach home, in a hurry to finish their shopping, in a hurry to go to Sadarghat, the ferry terminal, to catch the boat for their respective village !

Buriganga, the majestic river ! Boats ply this polluted river all day long going and coming from all Bangladesh ! The noise and smells varies so much that for our fragile ears and nose, it might be a bit too much ! But overall
A shack at SadarghatA shack at SadarghatA shack at Sadarghat

In Dhaka at Sadarghat, a shack where people live !
its like watching a movie ! Having gone to Barisal by boat already, i dedided to go by car this time and I did it ! At some point of the trip we had to use a car ferry, the Aricha ferry, to cross the Padma river, another large flow !

Two days running the villages and I was back on a boat for Dhaka ! The return was smooth and I knew we reached Dhaka early morning when i was awaken by the noise and ... smell ! I went to Bolora village in the district of Manikganj, to visit a friend's family, who insisted that i come see them, so did I ! The next day was my flight back to Kuala Lumpur, eight days went fast in BD !

Kuala Lumpur, the opposite of Dhaka though both are capitals of large countries ! Kuala Lumpur, KL pour les intimes, is the place to be for some shopping and fun ! Sunway Lagoon waterpark and theme park and the malls ...

See the photos on my habitual photosite :
http://picasaweb.google.com/reallonerunner

And some small videos on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallonerunner

Comments and views are most welcome on reallonerunner@gmail.com



Advertisement



12th February 2010

Good Job......May ALLAH swt rewards your hard work

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb