''if you can travel in india, you can travel anywhere...''


Advertisement
Asia
October 30th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, we've left sadhana forest which was weird, went to Bangalore where we spent two nights, and now we are in Mysore.

Bangalore was crazy and very busy, but luckily we were on the out skirts which mean we had a nice guest house for not that much money, the only tricky thing was getting around the place. Rickshaws and everywhere but they all want to rip you off. At our hostel we actually had a balcony (albeit a tiny one, but a balcony none the less). To get to Bangalore from Pondicherry, we had to travel on a Sleeper bus, which was one of the strangest things ive ever been on. there is a series of teeny tiny bunk beds separated by curtains, and if the bus takes a corner too sharply you could end up being rolled out of bed and onto the person below. Unfortunatly, there was a woman on the bus with a dying cat aka a baby. Not just any baby, but the single most noisiest baby in all of india with the worst cry ever. Ive heard rowun cry and it makes me want to comfort him till he'll stop, but this baby made my want to pull of my own legs so that i could beat myself senseless with them until i could no longer hear the cries.

I'm STILL feeling pretty ill, but because ive had more sleep i am feeling metally better, its just feeling sick a lot of the time, but as ive said before, that is sure to pass. We went to the zoo in Mysore today which was a strange experience. We've been in India for a month now and no one as of yet has asked for our photos, but we must have been asked over 10 times today and they all want to pose in the photos with us. We felt like we were the animals in the zoo. We just went up in a rickshaw to the top of a hill which has a temple on it, a strange man came with us as it is his hobby to show people around...infact, he is probably still waiting outside for us :S he wants us to go and drink brandy and look at a silk factory, but i'd rather to those things in my own time than with him.

A man thought my name was Kent the other day which Laura found hilarious...i less so, but i couldnt bother with the ordeal of correcting him. I got my legs waxed in Bangalore for the british equivelent of 1 pound 30p. Its truelly stunning, i reccomend indian leg waxes to you all, my legs have never ever been so smooth.

I dont know how long it will be before i get bored of ''ah manchester, good football team...rooney yes''. also i have recently adopted what the westernrs at sadhana call the ''indian head wobble''. i will try and refrain from using it when i get home. Also i would like to confirm that I'm not home sick as such, just missing certain people...

The power goes off so often here, and i never noticed it at sadhana as we were on our own electricy supply, its taken us over 3 hours to find an internet cafe that actually has power. and the power just went off again...:S luckily i saved this first.

less hot here than it was by the coast, dont know how long we'll be staying. times seems to rush by but also go very slowly at the same time...weird.

I WANT MEAT

that is all

bye for now, lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb