koh phangan


Advertisement
Asia
July 31st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we left koh tao on the morning of the 31st july to get the boat down to koh phangan in time for the full moon party!! we arrived on koh phangan feeling very smug with ourselves coz we could hear people saying how they didnt have accom booked, but we had sly grins on our faces coz we'd booked ahead........which were soon to be wiped off coz they'd given our room away! we were to be staying at the phangan villas on aow bang charu beach but when we got there they only had a tiny little shack of a thing left and had given our room away the day before! the most annoying part was that they'd given our room to the boys we'd met on koh tao which i gave them the number of the villas and told them to go there - and because they'd gone the day before us, they got our villa!!! however, kia and jo got a room in the next resort along and me and chelsea just bunked down with the boys for the night! so for the afternoon we just chilled out and snoozed on the beach then started getting ready for full moon...the boys went and bought some booze and instead of a bucket (which everyone drinks out of over here with straws) they brought back a dog bowl - not very hygenic but a good idea i thought! so got ready, had some of that and decided itd be a good idea to cut my hair!!! my pony tail had started to resemble a rats tail rather than a pony's so one of the boys had scissors so we chopped it off!!! quite chuffed actually coz it looked pretty good!!!
we left the boys drinking out the dog bowl and went down to haad rin where the full moon party was to get some dinner and have a walk around and take in the buzzing atmosphere!!
it was so amazing - absolutely loved every minute of it!!! we got luminous body paint done and bought some of our own and decorated ourselves in it!! just remember dancing a lot and being really happy!!! also remember thinking (actually baffling) over how dad could enjoy it, and also couldnt imagine pete and dad there together at all...but then i saw a father and son combo and realised it was fine!!! there were all sorts of folk there - old and young - and as they say, it takes all sorts!!
we left about 5am coz we'd had enough, was so knackered and boozy so we got back to where we were staying safely....never met up with the boys at the party but they filetered home eventually and were all safe and well!!! spent the next day hungover, but we changed resorts to one with a pool and got 2 rooms there fine!!
the next day (thursday the 2nd) we went on an elephant trek which was sooooo amazing!!! you could feed the elephlumps bananas right into their mouths and pat their trunks and stuff!! we went on an hour long trek which was incredible!! my elephant was called koban...felt slightly sick on the way down the hills coz of the motion but i survived!!! after that we went to a national park (cant remember its name offhand) and went to a waterfall - well it was of a trickle of water than an actual waterfall!! it was good though...climbing up the mountain, doing a bit of hiking!!
spent my last night in koh phangan at haad rin with 2 of the boys we'd met - matt (german) and josh (ozzie) and had a really good time with them!! the bars on the beach put on the most incredible fire shows - a couple of wee guys flinging fire about - amazing!!
now we;re back in chumphon - got back on friday morning - me with a very bad head and a little wounded, but not broken heart from leaving the german boy behind!!! the weathers not been great so we've been more cloud-bathing than we have sun-bathing!! were meant to be in school today but they obviously seem to think we've left coz they've not come to pick us up!! so need to get that sorted so that we can go back tomorrow - hope we've not pissed them off or something!!!
other interesting things that have happened - i got attacked by a dog on koh tao!! not funny at all!! i was on the beach and this dog came pounding towards me and at5tacked me!! luckily it didnt cut my skin but it did leave me with bruises down my leg and spine - ouch!!! so now im petrified of all dogs here - they seem to have it in for me!!
trying to decide what to do when i finish up here...josie that i worked with at direct holidays is in thailand travelling so might meet up with her, or the other option is that one of the girls here called kelly is finishing the same time as me so we were talking last night about maybe doing something - decisions decisions!!!
this weekend we're going to koh samui - yeay!!! me jo kia and chelsea are going and will hopefully stay in king garden where i stay with dad!!! looking forward to getting somewhere familiar, handbag shopping, jewellry shopping, cocktails on the beach etc etc!!! its the queens birthday on sunday so the schools are off on monday - another long weekend for us!!!
have definitely decided my next vocation in life is definitely NOT teaching!! i like it in small doses and particular classes and i have my favourite wee boy - his name is Not and i want to bring him home with me!! he's in grade3 but comes to my grade 4 and 5 clases too - i love him!!!!
anyways im gonna pop off just now and go and get some juice...also need to email our co-ordinator over here and try and sort our school out!!! this language barrier thing is a nightamre!!!
hope you're all well back at home...missing you all like cwazy!!!!!!!!!!! love love love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb