Hanoi Vietnam


Advertisement
Asia
November 26th 2006
Published: November 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well made it,Hanoi an amazing city some 2000years old all the streets are narrow and full of all types of shops selling just about anything .there certain streets that have all the same thing for sale ,there 36 streets like this,one selling brass another tin,sweets,spices&herbs,
grave stones,shoes,etc.they were set up as "Guildes" in the 13th century and remained like that since.
The thing that strikes every body when thay arrive is 1000,s upon1000's of mopeds every body has one with a population of 4million people that accounts for the numbers.that in turn creates terrible pollution ,many people including me wear a mask when out.
the traffic flow is non stop judging when to cross the road is an art form.many street vendors trying to make crust .mode of transport for hire is taxis ,back of moped or a "cyclos "a gentle way to travel if a bit scary at times with all the mopeds and cars whizzing past .The "Cyclos "
is a bicycle with a seat on the front ,think of the Rickshaw of China instead of pulling the man pedles if what slowly.



Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Local Church Local Church
Local Church

somewhat an enigma seeing Vietnam is a communist country
Heavy LoadHeavy Load
Heavy Load

These girls managed to carry enormous loads


13th February 2011

Very good!
I came upon your travel blog when trying to look up travel to grand canyon and then noticed that you have written up six months worth of world tour experience. Amazing! I recently visited places in India in the Himalayan foothills and blogged about it. That was just chronicling 7 days and was quite some effort, compared to that your work is so extensive. Thanks for all the good information.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb