Sapa


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 27th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Although the sheets were dirty and it was cold, the view we woke to was amazing- me and Emma were lucky to get this room!
We had our orientation walk in the morning, but it didnt take long as Sapa was not huge. There was a cafe place called baguette and chocolat- it was a charity run org. We found it and went in, taking shoes off on entry, and it was lovely. We had seen a lake and it was a nice day so we all decided to get picnic sandwiches to go. After a nice few hours sitting by the lake we strolled back into the village and went on the internet for a bit. My internet time was cut short though, Clayton (friend from our local pub back at home) had turned up, we were in Sapa at the same time and decided to go for a quick drink as he only had another hour till he was off again. It was brill to see him and he gave us loads of tips on the places we were going as he had already done them.

That night we had a group dinner and then had a few drinks in a dingy bar, but we got to play a game of pool which was amusing, then me and the girls went back to the hotel. Mark, phil and joe were still in the bar. The girls and i felt a bit mischievous and decided to do something with the boys room. It was quite easy to get the spare key for their room from reception, then we went upstairs and let ourselves in! We put all their clothes in the closet and brought the mozzie net curtains around the beds....and hid the bed covers! hehehehe!

We didn't want to be long because we were scared of getting caught! Emma and i were only next door so we listened out for them coming back. Joe came back first and knocked on the door- we pretended to be asleep, but then he climbed onto our balcony and opened the door. He could hear us sniggering and said it was obvious, we thought we were really quiet! Phil then came back, joe still in our room, and phil then followed and climed onto our balcony and let himself in. They both found it funny and said they would get their revenge! Especially Phil as he has a thing about curtains and mentioned he is ''scared of the mozzie net, the cousin of the curtain''- brilliant quote!

When the boys had calmed down they went back to their room and we got some sleep.

The next morning we had a metting to discuss going to hanoi early as a few of us didnt want to do the trek and didnt see any point staying in sapa any longer.

After the meeting, us girls decided we wanted to do our very own trek and climbed to the top of sapa, took about an hour and that was with breaks, not too hard and a brill view! Accomplishment for us! We reached cloud yard, heaven gate and went to a stone forest! All this walking built up an appitite and we went for pizza...
After food we waited in the hotel for a while and then got a bus to the train station. Mark had warned us about the trains in vietnam, they were oging to be worse than the chinese ones, but we couldnt imagine any worse! We got on the train to fins a much nicer train than china. There was only 4 people, not 6 in a compartment, and it had a door, flowers, bottled water and wood panelling! Mark wrong again- it was Much nicer!
It was also MUCH hotter, shorts weather now.. quite a change for our bodies and what we had got used to!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb