Day 13 Lak Sao


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
January 30th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 13

Lak Sao

A bus ride (approx. 7 hours) takes us along the mountains and limestone karsts south and east to the border town of Lak Sao.

This little town offers our first taste of Vietnam.

-----------

Arrived here early evening. Was very windy and dusty plus a lot cooler than we were used to. The appearence here was a little like a wild west town.

After we checked in to our hotel (which was a bit like something from The Shining hehe) we had a walk round a local market and tried a local doughnut. This was a bit chewy and I (Kaz) ended up spitting it out (as was nearly sick) due to a dead rat for sale with its insides hanging out; nice!

Went for dinner at the 'Only One' resturant in town run by Vietnamese as its so close to the boarder. Got appauling service. Nothing came out on time and people got their rice before anything else and the rest of the stuff took about an extra 1/2 hour to a hour to arrive and of course by this time the rice was freezing cold. Tim's food was uneadable and they refused to give him much money off. Mine was just a pile of cold green chewy veg - yum. Not the best first impression of Vietnamese people.

Went back to the guest house and had a rum with everyone and then off to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb