Day 6- Ho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
April 6th 2012
Published: April 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Cu Chi TunnelsOn the way to Cu Chi TunnelsOn the way to Cu Chi Tunnels

We stopped at a place where they employ people who are disabled á a result of the war to make handcrafts to sell.
Hi again!

Sorry if the writing goes a little dodgy, the vietnamese keyboard í doing weird things to the english language!

I arrived here in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday and took a taxi to my Guesthouse- Thanh Thuong in the backpacker district òf Ho Chi Minh City. I went out for some dinner after settling in and had szechuan chicken (possibly dodgy spelling) which ưas delicious.

Today I took a day trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels which were used by the Vietnamese people during the war. They were fascinating but so warm to walk through. Just so hot - about 35 degrees today. The video we watched at the beginning ò the tour was incredibly biased against the 'horrible' americans and told how they all got awards for killing americans but was very interesting and I'm glad I went.

Planning on going out again for dinner in a couple of hours and probably just taking a shower in the meantime!

Tomorrow I will be walking around Saigon and then joining the Roam Cambodia Tour at some point in the afternoon.

Until next time, BYEEEEE! x


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

TunnelTunnel
Tunnel

Me getting into a tunnel. It ưas pretty scary shutting the lid and being in the dảrk
Christoph and JoshuaChristoph and Joshua
Christoph and Joshua

Yeah I named the toys now


Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb