Friday - do nothing and get drunk


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
July 28th 2014
Published: July 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friday was a do nothing day. We had a leisurely breakfast and chilled out in the room and later headed to the tailors to see how everyone's creations looked and tomcats our eyes and offer views on the clothes. There were some successes and some not so successful but any crises were averted with the help and dedication of the staff at the tailors!



Originally Josh had arranged for us all to go to a local curry house, but some people had decided they wanted to do their own thing, so plan B was for people to meet later for the night market and street food and drinks. Before we left the hotel Josh and Tuan modelled their new matching outfits, I likened them to Danny Diveto and Arnie Schwarzenegger in the film Twins lol.



So with a bit of tweaking here and there some of us headed out into the old town and the night market. As usual it was very busy and hot and all the lanterns and the bridge were illuminated. We headed to the night market and the beautiful lantern stores which were all lit up and looked so pretty.



We wandered round for a while and then headed for food at the othe end of town where there was a line of local food restaurants and long tables all together. We chose one and chatted to a lovely Vietnamese lady called Mrs Hay and ate like kings for a few dollars!



We then wandered back to the night market and then went to meet up with anyone who wanted to come out. Kat had found out that a bar at the far end if town did a promotion of $5 for all you can drink, well it would be rude not too lol. We found some seats and played drinking games, it's amazing what you found out about people. Don't worry peeps what goes on tour stays on tour lol.



When we arrived it was quite quiet but soon filled up and a good time was had by all. About half of us headed back to the hotel and left the rest partying hard. I'd certainly had my fill and we staggered home in the wee hours of the morning to our beads and a hangover the next day :-)



Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb