Tuesday - Buon Ma Thuot - home stay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
July 28th 2014
Published: July 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday morning we set off to our next destination at Buon Ma Thuot where we were going to visit a home stay for the night in the village.



We had the usual bus journey with obligatory comfort breaks and lunch stops and arrived about 2pm. When we arrived we were greeted by 3 elephants as 3 of our group had opted to go for a ride on them and then a boat trip. Those of us left behind entertained ourselves and a few of us opted to go for a walk around the village up to the lake.



Just as we arrived at the lake the heavens opened and we had to take shelter under cover. As we were walking up we were greeted and invited to sit down with a small group of local men who were drinking what looked like rice whiskey and eating chicken and veggies.



We sat with them a while and were offered a drink, several times, and I had 3 or 4 shots but politely declined the coffer of food. Kat had an offer of marriage to a guy who,had a 22 year old son after he asked her how old she'd was lol. And Melita appeared to be too old at 26 and they seemed a bit shocked that she wasn't married at the age of 26, they didn't bother asking me how old I was lol.



We then headed back to the bus and we made our way through the village to our home stay accommodation. It was a long dorm style room with the beds on the floor with blankets and pillows and mosquito nets. The toilet was out the back. We had wifi at the restaurant but not at the home stay but we did have leccy.



After we had quickly dumped our stuff we all headed out for a wander round the village for an hour or so and watched the sun go down before heading back to the restaurant for dinner. It took a while to arrive and we were all starving and when the spring rolls arrived they lasted about 10 seconds before they were all demolished. We also had pork kebabs, a veggie soup or curry and rice bad veggies followed by bananas.



After eating some of us played crazy card games until about 10pm and then I headed to bed. Walking through the village it was pitch black, I never thought to bring my torch so had to try to use the light from my phone and walk carefully. I managed to find the place ok, but a big yellow bus parked at the side kinda gave it away lol.



Most of the troops were back at base and in the land of nod bless em, it was pretty warm as there was no AC and the fans had been unplugged to charge up phones and lap,tops etc so,it did take a while to nod off. I wasn't looking forward to the early start the next day though.



Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb