Another Notch.... Bamm!!!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
August 5th 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I didn't learn how to cook all this food for no reason, everyone is invited for a vietamese feast when i return. oh yeah, check back later for a journal entry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

So much foodSo much food
So much food

It was hard to keep up with all the food we made. Here we enjoy our Mi Quang, a Hoi An speciality dish.
Ready to LearnReady to Learn
Ready to Learn

A proper classroom setting for our cooking class. Pens, paper, clipboard.... the works.
Trip to the MarketTrip to the Market
Trip to the Market

First you need to buy the food before you can cook. Here Hanh, our beautiful instructor, takes us through the central market pointing out what to buy and what not to buy. She got much better prices on produce than we did.
Kiwi KnivesKiwi Knives
Kiwi Knives

Kiwi isn't really that crazy, we just happened to be using knives that had Kiwi written on them. So naturally he had to have a picture with the knife in his teeth.
Dish OneDish One
Dish One

Beef noodle soup, the dish that powered a nation. Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hanh is just mixing it all up for us before we indulge.
Dish TwoDish Two
Dish Two

Mixed Steamed Sring Rolls. A lovely starter that I can't wait to try and make for the family back home.
Sweet yet Sour Sweet yet Sour
Sweet yet Sour

We learned how to make a sweet and sour chicken dish. Here is the finished product.
Following InstructionFollowing Instruction
Following Instruction

Just playing my part in the cooking process. While the others took down notes I stirred the meat.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb