hue and motorbike to hoi an


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
October 6th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well since sapa we have traveled south and done a lot of sight seeing, we arrived in hue after a nightmare sleeper bus experience. The bus was so bumby every time i started to nod of the bus would bump and sending me into the air waking me up so i had no sleep, when i got my bag it was soaked and all my clothes where soaking wet.
We found a very cheap hotel in hue and met a really nice motorbike driver called huy and his friend anh, they took us on a one day sight seeing tour of hue where we got to see everything in hue in one day can’t remember all the places, some pagoda temples, American war bunkers, and nice country side where an old crazy women showed me how to make rice.

After the trip huy and anh offered to take us to hoi an our next destination on their motorbikes with some sight seeing on the way, it cost more than the bus but what we got to see and do on the way made it a very worthwhile trip. They took us to a place called elephant springs where their was some really fresh water to swim in, i really enjoyed that, the ride in general was just great the sights you got to see on the way where brilliant.
Finally they took us to a place called marble mountain which was amazing cool caves to clime in and out of and temples to see on basically this massive peace of marble.

Me and mika made good friends with huy and anh we even gave them the first tip we have given so far whilst traveling in the form of a beer. Since arriving in hoi an we havent done much apart from relaxing and a bit of drinking, there is a bar called king kong bar that gives you free rum and coke between 10 and 11 we drunk like our lives depended on it for that hour and had a good cheap night out. The hotel we stayed in was nice we had a swimming pool and the rooms where cheap.

On the subject of cheap hoi an is known for tailor made clothes for a lot cheaper than england, me and mika decided we would buy a suit if the price was right. We went to a couple to compare price and the first thing that made me larf was that they get out the latest edition of the next directory and ask you what suit you would like, i used the next catalouge as a guide and just picked my own materials and then they measured me up. In the end i managed to get a whole suit made with a shirt for 35 pounds which encluided shipping it home, so i hope it gets their because i really liked it and i could never get a suit with that good materials for that kind of money i would be lucky to just get a shirt for that amount.

Next stop for us now is nha trang from what ive read about nha trang sounds like a great place and i am really excited about going their, there is a lot you can do in nha trang won’t be able to do it all but i will inform you all what i do get up to after i experience nha trang.



Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

SDC10519SDC10519
SDC10519

me on marble mountian
SDC10487SDC10487
SDC10487

me and anh


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb