Shopaholics Anoymous


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
December 5th 2006
Published: December 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Glad to be leaving Nha Trang we woke up at 4.30 to get the train to Hoi An. On the roads their were broken trees and roofs but not much more damage than that that we could see. The train trip was okay and at one stage I cracked up when one of the vietnamese twins infront of us (prob about 5yrs old) was begging her dad to sit on his lap and as soon as she climbed on you hear... blurf .. she had puked all over him, the suitcase and the floor. Her sister was taking the mick and her uncle picked up the one that had puked and put her on his lap. As soon as the dad had finished cleaning up the puke you hear another Blurf - she had puked over her uncle. It was hilarious esp as the Dad was in tears laughing his head off.

The train doesnt take you straight to Hoi an so we had to get off at Da nang and get a taxi to Hoi An. The weather and rain was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad that we could just about make out the road from the front window. On the journey we passed marble mountain which is really beautiful and then you pass all these shops with loads and loads of huge marble statues.

The hotel in Hoi an is again lovely - James continues to make us proud! Again we mentioned it was our honeymoon and we immediately got upgraded but I think the woman was a pervert as she kept making little comments about how she wants to hear ''all about it'' in the morning and not to let the bed bugs bite (wink wink) and all these other comments which after a while made us think if there were any cameras in the room! We even got little wrapped presents. So cute.

Hoi an is THE place to come for clothes. Tailors and shoe shops EVERYWHERE! We went to one that the hotel recommended and sat there for ages choosing clothes but we were soo rushed : ( We did get some really nice stuff made though including a coat each.

Definately a place we would have loved to stay longer in. Again though due to the rain and the previous typhoon, the streets became flooded knee deep in water so locals had to get their little boats out to get around. Really fascinating to watch actually but it also meant that most of the shops/restaurants were shut early. Oh well. I guess we getting prepared for the weather back home!

Advertisement



18th December 2006

12 days and counting
I am happy to hear the weather is preparing your bodies for England. Cant believe how much you have done in the last four months. Keep updating the blog as it gives me something to do at work which is interesting. I am intrigued by the silk worms. maz please bring two back. one is not enough as we need to keep them mating as they die so quickly. thankyou bye

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb