Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
May 24th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We decided, rather than spending 10 hours on a train during the day, that we would spend an extra $50 and fly from Hoi An to Nha Trang.

We arrived at the airport in Nha Trang and were ushered off the plane onto a bus, and were driven on the bus approximately 20 metres across the tarmac to the terminal! Once inside we all became aware that the airport had shifted from being walking distance to Nha Trang city to being 50km away. We shared a taxi with a British guy and two psycho Germans to bring the cost down.

Once arriving in the city we found some accommodation and arranged to meet the british guy (Dan) for drinks and dinner. We went out for a really nice meal and then went down to the Nha Trang Sailing Club which is the local niteclub. It is really well set out - right down on the beach there are a whole load of loungers then there is outdoor seating, with bar and restaurant indoors. Just like a really nice resort, it was very popular with both tourists and locals.

Thursday we spent the morning wandering the streets of Nha Trang and the afternoon lazing and playing frisbee at the beach. We decided we were enjoying the beach lifestyle so much we decided to spend another day here, and on Friday we hired a couple of bicycles and biked out to have a look at the Po Nagar Cham Towers and stopped off for a look at the 14m seated buddha before biking back to town and retiring to the beach for the afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb