Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
May 27th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hit the road early on Saturday and got a 7am bus from Nha Trang to Mui Ne, we finally arrived in Mui Ne about 12.30pm. We had not booked accommodation ahead so our first task was to find somewhere. We did not realise it but Mui Ne is actually pretty much 22km long, and all the hotels/resorts are spread across this 22km. The bus company gets a commission with one resort where we were dropped off, but it was too expensive for us. I saw around the corner of the bus one guy trying to catch our attention so I went to speak to him, walked around the corner of the bus and there were about 8 guys from hotels all wanting us to stay with them, they just swarmed around and tried to get us on their motorbikes - promising cheap deals etc etc. We resisted their charms and decided just to walk to find something in 30+ degree heat, finally we were enticed into a hotel and we were sick of walking so decided to stay.

Once we had settled in we were taken on motorbikes to the Mui Ne town area where we attempted to find somewhere we could watch the Super 14 final. It took us about 13 pubs/resorts/restaurants before we finally found somewhere with satellite tv where we could watch it. We had resigned ourselves to live updates on the computer, so were stoked to find something finally.

After the game we went back to our hotel and out for dinner. Went to bed quite early as we had booked ourselves a tour of the sand dunes for 5am the next morning! We were picked up by our Jeep driver at 5am and went to the red sand dunes to watch the sun rise with about 200 other people. There were loads of Vietnamese children there, all trying to get us to go on their sleds (for a price!) and slide down the sand dunes.

After we watched the sun come up we were taken down to the white sand dunes, which were really impressive, a couple of people were getting married up there at 6 o'clock in the morning! It would have been too hot to have it at any other time of day.

After these dunes we went to a canyon and were shown a very tiny waterfall.

We caught the bus from Mui Ne down to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in the afternoon


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th May 2006

The Dunes
Girs, you are just specks amid all that sand! Any plans on the diving yet? Mum
2nd June 2006

wow!
you guys seem to having ana amazin time-i'm stuck here in manchester! keep us up-to-date this is ace!!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb