The first bus trip....but surely not the last


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
September 18th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Night MarketNight MarketNight Market

Downtown Saigon, before Mui Ne
During the Vietnam National Holiday on September 2nd, I travelled to Mui Ne by bus with some friends from school. On the way up I took a 12 person bus that was rented out for the weekend, for approximately $25/person return. The way up took about 6/12 hours due to larger amounts of traffic leaving HCMC. I hear that leaving the city is usually bad on a Friday at 5pm, but since it was a holiday weekend it was even worse bumper to bumper traffic.
We arrived around 12am and checked into the Bao Quyen Bungalows. I couldn't really see where we were staying until the morning. It was very nice place to stay and I would recommend it if you are planning on travelling to Mui Ne. Of course you can stay cheaper, but breakfast was included and they have a great pool. The beach is directly behind the resort and next door is the Sailing Club (which is beautiful but outside of my price range).
Although, we did decide to splurge on a buffet with free flow South African wine for $24 US/person. There was a nice selection including steak, seafood, salads and dessert.

My second and third
Night MarketNight MarketNight Market

Downtown Saigon, before Mui Ne
nights in Mui Ne I stayed with some different friends in a slightly cheaper place down the strip called the Hoang KIm Golden. Again, it was nice place to stay, and is a little cheaper. We stayed in a bungalow, and at night I could hear the tide coming in because it was literally right beside the bungalow.

I went on a day trip to see the Red and White Sand Dunes, which were pretty unbelievable. It was truly a moment of "where am I right now?". It was confusing because if you looked one way you could see the ocean, and the other looked like the desert.
I personally enjoyed the white dunes a little more since it was less touristy. We were there for the sunset, which made it even more beautiful. If you like, you can rent a 4 wheeler to drive on the dunes...most of the people who went rented one. After taking a ride on the back of one with Greg I was good! I'm pretty sure he has no fear because he drove to the top of the peak and straight down the other side. It was worse than a roller coaster! The
Night MarketNight MarketNight Market

Buying a bracelet
best part is at the bottom we got stuck. I was just happy we made it to the bottom in one piece.

There were a couple other ay trips that people went on including the laying down Buddha and the Ferry Springs. Both seemed to impress everyone.

It was interesting to see a beach town combined with a fishing village. The boats they use look like a big bowl floating in the water. I'm still not sure how they direct it out in the waves.




Additional photos below
Photos: 134, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Night MarketNight Market
Night Market

Someone selling food
Downtown SaigonDowntown Saigon
Downtown Saigon

I'm not sure what this building was, but it looked really cool.All the windows were filled with clothes.
Downtown SaigonDowntown Saigon
Downtown Saigon

Look at the back of her dress....and what is says! Very clever. "Keep Walking" This was a uniform for a restaurant.
Bus going to Mui NeBus going to Mui Ne
Bus going to Mui Ne

Jamie's dog Uncle Ho/Hobbie for a nickname
Mui NeMui Ne
Mui Ne

The first place I stayed at in Mui Ne. Gorgeous pool.
Sailing ClubSailing Club
Sailing Club

Lunch next door at the Sailing Club
my lunchmy lunch
my lunch

goat cheese salad
Buffet dinner Buffet dinner
Buffet dinner

We splurged and went to the buffet dinner. Great food and free flow wine for $24/person


27th September 2011

Another week until our arrival in Saigon and we can\'t wait. Thanks for sharing. Fantastic pictures whetting our appetites!!!
28th September 2011

Beautiful
another dot for the map!
16th January 2012

http://www.busbank.com/
Great post.Thanks for sharing such a useful information with us.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb