Vietnam - Beach, Boat and Fish


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
August 7th 2010
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Before we decided to leave the beach resort of Nha Trang for the smaller beach resort of Mui Ne a boat trip was on the cards with the usual snorlking. And swimming etc. When we woke in the morning the fan in our room had smashed all over the place and there was bits and peices everywhere, I slepted through whatever happend and Sam does not know either. A quick trip to the shop to buy some superglue was needed to avoid being fined for breaking the fan. I feel sorry for the next person who turns that fan on. It's gonna fly everywhere.

This boat trip was not as good as the one we did in Thailand, the coral reefs were not as impressive, but the food was good, the weather was good and there was the added bonus of going the an aquarium before coming home.

The fish in this aquarium were massive, the photos we have do not do them justice, but there were so many of them squashed into these small tanks.

We then took a 6 hour bus to a smaller beach resort called Mui Ne, which is a strange place, as there is no actual town there, the place is just a 14km road along the beach with big 4 and 5 star resorts on one side of the road and smaller cheap gusthouses on the other.

The place did have big sand dunes where you could rent plastic sleds and kids who come and show you how its done. It was good fun but sooo tiring, we only did about 3 runs each and then had to head back for some water.

To get to the dunes we rented a manual motorbike, and after about 5 mins of practicing the gears we were off exploring. We went to one end of beach, sam took the bike back and I walked the way back. I thought it would only take me 30 mins, I ended up walking / swimming for about 1 hr 30 mins. In the mid-afternoon sun.

After about 4 days chilling on deserted beachs we left madness of Ho Chi Minh (aka Saigon).


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb