Right... Where the sun always shines??


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
October 24th 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

a stop off at Mui Ne is the perfect way to break up the long bus ride to Ho Chi Minh City (formally Saigon). also, we had heard that the sea breeze in combination with the mountain range protected this city from the rain... wrong! the rain seems to be following us...

this town is spread out along the coast, and everything is very spaced out. soooo, we decided to rent a motorbike! it was quite funny, and they were not the least bit concerned that we had NO idea how to work/drive it. but hey, worked out.

the first day we only had a few hours of daylight, so we 'motoed,' as they say here, to a red river in search of 'fairy springs.' we didn't have much info on getting there, but when the walking path ended at the river bank, we kicked off our shoes and walked up stream.

it was nice that night to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean in our beach bungaloo, except jess wasn't too happy when she woke up with her left arm covered in bug bites... come on!! who knew bed bugs actually existed!! they do. sucks.

other than the bites, it was nice to wake to something other than rain. still quite cloudy, we forgot to put on sunscreen. fatal error. we spent the entire day motoring around the area exploring the surrounding fishing villages and sand dunes.

we had our last meal on the beach, and set off for HCMC.

xoxo S& J


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

river of muddriver of mudd
river of mudd

there were red and white sand formations all along our hike to fairy falls.
straight out of Jurassic Park...straight out of Jurassic Park...
straight out of Jurassic Park...

scary... at least we had our helmets
so this is fairy springs...so this is fairy springs...
so this is fairy springs...

stace def does not look impressed!
a little sand storm...a little sand storm...
a little sand storm...

never stopped jess from dune sledding.
hey!!hey!!
hey!!

"come on... i paid you 5,000 dong for this sled. come and pull me!!!"
the need for speed...the need for speed...
the need for speed...

jessie behind the wheel, we're hooked!


24th October 2005

No mudwrestling?
Little Nature, little adrenaline, not bad at all. I'm in Israel with Camp friends now. Saw a professional Israeli basketball match where 4 of the 5 starters on Jerusalem's team were Americans. Eh. Ciao. Le Marquis
25th October 2005

That little boy looks like gabes younger cousin or something. miss you guys. Chods is a perve

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb