Ha Noi - 1000 Years Thang Long - The museum of ethnology


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta
October 5th 2010
Published: October 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

outside the exhibition
The Museum of Ethnology is located in Nguyen Van Huyen Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi. It was inaugurated in 1997. The museum stores and presents 15,000 cultural exhibits of 54 ethnic groups in Vietnam on an area of 2,500 square meter. Diversified exhibits allow easy and perfect study about ethnic groups.


The Museum includes a museum area, offices and research facilities, libraries, storage systems, the systems engineering department, hall ... Zone 2 is the outdoor exhibition area.

Exhibits stored and displayed in the museum are mainly living facilities: a knife, a hoe, a pair of shoes, a rice bowl, a sleeping mat, clothes, a lamp, a mono-chord instrument, etc. They reflect the tangible and intangible culture of ethnic groups. Collections are scientifically displayed in groups: clothing, farming tools, fishing equipment, instruments and weapons. Besides, there are sessions specialize in customs, religious and other spiritual activities. Museum of Ethnology is a scientific center specializes in ethnic groups studying; collection, preservation, classification, restoration and exhibition; ethnic document supply center, ethnologist training center.

The outdoor exhibition area is only large enough for the most popular architectural styles to be presented. Already presented are the Ede long house, the Tay
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

Chu Teu - a famous folk character
stilt house, the Yao house half on stilts and half on earth, the Hmong house whose roof is made of pomu wood, the Viet house with tile roof, the Giarai tomb, the Bahnar communal house, the Cham traditional houae, the Hani house made with earth-beaten walls. There are future plans to present the Katu tomb and the surrounding completion of the Viet house. Between the houses, there are trees indigenous to the area of each house, zigzagging paths and a meandering stream crossed by small bridges. The outdoor museum is being realised step by step.

Adress : Nguyen Van Huyen St, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Open hours: Everydays on 8:30 am to 17:30 pm
Closed in Mondays and Vietnam New Year

Entrance fee: 25,000 vnd for adult and 5,000 vnd for student.

You should visit the indoor exhibition first. On the first floor is for Muong, Tho, Chut, Viet cultural area.
The ground floor is Tay Thai, Yao, Han, Hmong.... The instruction is so easy, just follow as the spiral way from ground floor to fist floor.

The outdoor exhibition area is quite interesting. In case you don't have a chance to enjoy the water puppet in
Photo 4Photo 4Photo 4

Tools for fish catching
the Thang Long theater, you can see it there. The show often starts at 10 am and finishes after 1 hour.





Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

Water puppet
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

masks used in "Tuong" folk song
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

Dong Ho folk art tool kit
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

painting tool
Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

Pottery kit
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

Bronze Casting
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

bowl and knife for hunting
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

knitting product
DSCN4933DSCN4933
DSCN4933

water puppet stage
DSCN4936DSCN4936
DSCN4936

Viet house couryard


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb