Day 10 Cuc Phuong National Park


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Ninh Binh
July 31st 2012
Published: August 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 10
Today we are setting off for another cave. Rather a cave than another pagoda, I think I am all pagoda - ed out right now! We are going toVan Trinh Cave. It is said to be one of the most beautiful caves around here, again! But to be fair, they really are phenomenal!

Hmmm...that was a strange decision to have to make....what to have in my cold fried egg sandwich ....frozen cream cheese, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce...or sugar!! Other than that, breakfast done...ready for the day.

We set off along the Song Hoang Long river to the Van Trinh Cave. This cave is also called Giang Tien cave. It is located in the Mo Mountain, Van Trinh hamlet, Thuong Hoa commune, Nho Quan district, Ninh Binh province. The cave is nearly 3500 sq m, and it is considered the biggest and the most beautiful cave in Ninh Binh.

After getting off the boat, we had a fifteen minute walk in the blazing sun to the cave entrance. It was a bit different in this cave, as we were to walk through. It was in fact quite beautiful inside. There was limited electric lighting, with the help of our much needed torches, which did help to be able to see inside. Jessie' s description of the experience was "it was dark and wet..... and cave like, and good!

Oh my Lord... We just had lunch. No one really ate much. The fish arrived with its head and tail still intact. I could get over that, but it tasted like the river! I thought, never mind, I will eat the rice; oh no, solid lumps of fat. By this time I was gipping. I had to leave the table. Now moving on to plan B - crisps! After lunch we are setting off for Cuc Phuong National Park. This is the largest National Park in Vietnam. Arrived at about 4pm.

Lots of fun regarding the cockroaches. Will screamed like a girl! The food was very disappointing, again. We are getting a bit hungry now. I think the weight loss may be a reality due to the lack of food! In our room is Nadia, Britty, Lilley and me. Britty has just spent the last half an hour struggling with the fan. She is aiming to get an even blow through the room; it just isn't happening! But funny to watch! We are on our bag liners with mosquito nets again. They are definitely required in this area. It is a full on forest/ jungle area! We all have our own provisions with us in our nets so that we don't have to get out any more! The electricity is only on from 6.30 to 9.30!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.424s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb