Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Due to an error it turns out we had an extra day in Hanoi than we thought and were left with a bit more time to explore Hanoi. Since I last wrote we went to the museum of Literature yesterday which was made up of grand, chinese looking buildings in honour of old scholars and kings at the site which used to be Vietnams first University built 1000 AD which is amazing given that Oxford and Cambridge came much later. We then went to the famous water puppet show, a vietnamese tradition. Although very confusing it was ceverly done and entertained us for an hour!

After a stroll back through the bustling streets of Old Town Hanoi we came back to the hotel and then out for our last group meal. We then went to a western bar called "hair of the dog" and enjoyed free beers and 2 for 1 cocktails! Was strange to say bye to some of the people we've met over the last couple of weeks but we intend to meet up with 3 of them when in Laos to go tubing with.

Today we had a lazy morning to rest our aching legs after a pretty intense two weeks travelling vietnam and walking miles and doing activities, museums and tourism sites every day! After lunch we went for a hot stone massage in a vietnamese spa (called Orchid Spa), costing us under 10 pound each for an hour long massage. It was incredible and would recommend it to anyone coming to Hanoi. We're now back at the hotel after a coffee at a cafe next door before our last Vietnamese meal. We leave early tomorrow for Bangkok where we plan to go to the weekend market and enjoy what the city has to offer for 4 days before Laos!

All our pictures are up on facebook now if u want to have a look! Spk soon

Jamie and Yasmin xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb