Vietnam evaluation!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

As we leave Vietnam in the morning below is an evaluation of the places we've visited!

Ho Chi Minh - Great place to start and a nice welcome to Vietnam. The tunnels are well worth a trip as are the various museums and markets around the city. Avoid the Cyclos!!! They rip you off!
Nha Trang - I wouldn't go back. Kind of like a greek party island...fun but little cultural things to do, boat trip was good fun though!
Hoi An - Great place! Would have liked longer there to look around the shops and buy more tailor made clothes, 3 days would've been perfect so as to fit in a day at the beaches which we were told were idylic by friends.
Hue - Good to go to for a day and definately good to see the Citadel and venture around the grounds, don't need any longer though.
Halong Bay - If you go anywhere in Vietnam, go to Halong Bay it's so beautiful and could truly be one of the natural wonders of the world!
Hanoi - Big capital city with busy streets and plenty to do. Try and get a hotel nearer old town and the lake to save a long walk each day! Definately get a massage in Orchid Spa in Old town and after sample a 4000 dong (15p) beer on the corner of the same road.

Vietnam generally is great and i'd highly reccomend. Friendly people, good transport links, lots of things to do and see and very cheap! Next stop Bangkok!

Jamie and Yasmin xxx

Advertisement



4th August 2010

Is the currency actually called Dong? If so then thats brilliant!

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb