Good Evening, Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
June 12th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Late Happy HourLate Happy HourLate Happy Hour

1st night in Hanoi
We arrived at Hanoi in the nice sweltering heat of 33 C and the sky's filled with smoke. It was about 10 PM. We were informed the smog was due to the nightly burning of wheat to help fertilization of agriculture fields...not really sure what that's about. Met up with my friends Conall and Matt and we all went out for a late night happy hour. Conall is finishing his tour around SE Asia in Vietnam and Matt is halfway done before heading back to Melbourne, AU in October.

I never thought I'd fall asleep with one beer. Well, I definitely did at our late night happy hour bar. It must be the aromatic VN beer...or I was just exhausted. Walking the streets of Hanoi in sweltering humidity...I must've had 5 showers by the time we finally found a bar to settle in with some nonexisting AC and wall fans. Walking the streets of Hanoi itself was a journey...traffic was rather horrendous. Crossing the streets you must really really go for it. Any hesitation, and you'd stay in place forever. There's really no way of getting into an accident since it seemed the people are really in tuned with their senses...almost catlike. Everyone's moving at crazy fast speed on mopeds, but absolutely no crashes. It's a talent! We settled in for the night at our Air Con hotel for 10 USD a night and dozed off very quickly. SE Asia was just starting to take its toll with the heat. Note to self, come back in the nice cool of winter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb