GoOd Morning, Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
June 13th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A much better state of mind and ready for more adventures the day after. We set out to explore the town and mainly to find good food. Our first stop Pho, traditional Vietnamese noodle soup that's soothing to the body, mind, and spirit. One problem, we needed to find a place with Air Con...It's 33 C and we're not about to eat that hot hot soup dripping wet. After a good 2 hours and a few pit stops, we found a nice AC place that served up scrumdilicious bowls of Pho.

The rest of the day, we spent exploring the Old Quarter of Hanoi and visiting the tourist agency to book the rest of our Vietnam trip (It's basically how we'd been doing our trip--- plan on the go). The rest of Hanoi days were spent exploring museums, Vietnamese food, and Ha Long Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Mmmm PhoMmmm Pho
Mmmm Pho

in AC...it's just beautiful
Hoan Kiem LakeHoan Kiem Lake
Hoan Kiem Lake

Center of Old Quarter of Hanoi
Street SweeperStreet Sweeper
Street Sweeper

@ Hoai Kiem Lake
IcecreamIcecream
Icecream

pit stop along the way...very appropriate when it's sweltering hot outside.
Mmm ConeMmm Cone
Mmm Cone

we made many pit stops at random stores just for the sake of AC.
Hanoi StreetHanoi Street
Hanoi Street

Yup. It's like Frogger...but with 1 life.
Hanoi flag towerHanoi flag tower
Hanoi flag tower

Supposedly...the place to raise the flag back in the day when North & South were still divided.
Their Man LeninTheir Man Lenin
Their Man Lenin

Yup, he's a pretty important figure here.
Ho Chi Minh MuseumHo Chi Minh Museum
Ho Chi Minh Museum

Lots and lots of..how do we say...propaganda?
Cultural MuseumCultural Museum
Cultural Museum

Where I learned about the Tran dynasty. I'm royalty, biatch!
HCM MausoleumHCM Mausoleum
HCM Mausoleum

Uncle Ho's body can be seen here. He's only displayed from 7 AM - 10 AM. We got there at 10:30AM. O well.
Step 1: Clean given spoon with a wet-one.Step 1: Clean given spoon with a wet-one.
Step 1: Clean given spoon with a wet-one.

Steps to follow to thoroughly enjoying fresh coconut pulp off the streets without risking case of the runnies...
DessertDessert
Dessert

Another pit stop
Our Splendid Dessert SessionOur Splendid Dessert Session
Our Splendid Dessert Session

A couple of thou's spent here.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb