Millionaire in Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
June 18th 2009
Published: June 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in Hanoi at about 2pm after a connecting flight from Bangkok. I changed $100 usd at the airport and quickly became a millionaire!

I arrived very tired and very weak as I had been quite sick on the flight (not swine flu). I took the recommended “safe” minibus with some other tourists and fell asleep once on the bus. It was about a 45 minute journey. When I arrived in the center, and woke up, I found the driver shouting at me to get out of the bus, and that it wouldn’t travel any further, however he had clearly pointed out to me on the map where he was going to drop me off and we were currently stopped 2kms away. I said to him that it wasn’t fair as I was ill and he had promised to take me to the hotel area. He refused and then took my backpack out the back of the minibus and dumped it on the street!! I then had to get out of the bus as my bag was about 4m from the bus. I had to then walk to find a hotel. It was a really bad experience and I cried my eyes out at the side of the road…. I had only had 1 hours sleep the night before and was very sick with food poisoning.

After finding a hotel which was ok-ish at $8 usd per night. I went to sleep for 18hours straight!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd July 2009

What a total bastid
That's pretty rough mate, what a git! Still, whatever don't kill yah... Bring some of that cash back to blighty for a specialist Monopoly set! R

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb