Travelling life for me...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
October 8th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another overnight train, our longest yet- and a massive pigs championship commenced in Gary and Carolyn's cabin.. not too much drinking and mischief..just some light refreshments and attempts to sleep!
We arrived in Hanoi after a long journey and had a little nap before a little walking tour around the town.
The streets are very odd, each street or section for streets is dedicated to a certain craft, so there was a street for paper and paper products, sweet street, wood and carvings, even random things like paint and lino had their own little section. I suppose it makes shopping a bit more straight forward!
Our hotel here is very nice, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are big.. and they show films like Jaws and Mary Poppins-great for winding away the packing time!!

Matt and i went for some tea and on the way back came across what T described as a circus..although it was more like a makeshift stage and some amateur performers. But it was free and we think it was a celebration of independence or something but there was a hula hoop act-pretty impressive a tiny girl hooping about 30 at once, there was a gymnastic couple-fairly standard stuff, a girl suspended in a ring with no safety net which was quite entertaining.. we didn't think either her or the guy underneath her would benefit much if she fell but luckily she was fine!! The final act we saw was a huge man with two MASSIVE pythons.. he wasn't particularly doing anything but slapping and throwing them around which wasn't too nice to see but they were impressively huge!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb