The Countryside


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 11th 2007
Published: July 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Coming from the city, I didn't really know what to expect when we arrived at my mom's cousin's rustic home in Huong Yen. There was no AC, which you really take for granted when you come from Texas, and it was hot, humid and pretty miserable, to tell you the truth. That was the low point of the day. But once you get over that you can really enjoy all the simple sights: the rice fields, the lotus flowers, etc. The lotus flowers are so beautiful! After lunch, some of our relatives took us out into the rice fields on motorcycles (they're the easiest way to get around and everyone who can afford it has one) which felt really good after sitting around in the house. That did not feel very safe because the roads aren't paved or anything but it was fairly exhilarating. My uncle just jumped right into the water and pulled out some flowers for us to take with us. The blossoms and stems are so big, the bunch looked like a gigantic bouquet. All the animals that just wander around seems a bit odd-the dogs, ox, and CHICKENS, which I love. They walk in such a funny way. It was a bit odd becuase I knew we were eating them for dinner later but I tried not to think about that too much. Anyway, all the plants are just calming when you sit around them. I saw grapefruit trees, banana trees, and nhan trees. You can just pick the nhan off the tree and eat them- it's the best!

Advertisement



12th July 2007

those poor poor chickens.
Boo! i made it hales!and its almost 9pm over there right? anyhoo, lets c what else there is...
12th July 2007

Ahh~ Seems awesome! lol! I would dye in the heat...i get a headache if i stay in it too long...and don't have ac or anything! lol! =] Well, you should take lots of picture and once you come back, YOU BETTER LET ME SEE IT! =]
22nd July 2007

save some flowers 4 me and mr nemeth! well, seperately of course...

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb