Halong Bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Vietnamese Circus



We only had 10 days or so to see Vietnam so we had to race through the country. Luckily this was easy to do as Vietnam is way more accessible than we thought. Travel here is real easy and v cheap. We landed a bus ticket to take us all the way south to Saigon from Hanoi for 20 bucks with as many stops as we liked. Great deal, bad buses. We did two 21hr bus rides in a few days. Anyway, we did it fine and have left the country wanting more- which is always good- especially more food!

Halong Bay


This place wasn't what we expected at all- when we arrived on a dreary morning in the pishin rain we were two of thousands of tourists. The boats played bumper-cars when they all tried to get out of the harbour and race over to the first cave on a small island. It was a bit like this the whole trip- with other tourist boats tying themselves to ours for lunch and us getting transferred to them and back again. They definitely use a system, but we couldn't work it out! But even though it rained and was full of other farangs (collective term for foreigners) we still had a nice time and had a little sea-kayaking sesh as well. he food was great and was a little taster of all the nice fish we were to eat here in the Nam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Look at Pete's cool sleeping hat!!Look at Pete's cool sleeping hat!!
Look at Pete's cool sleeping hat!!

Too many bad night's sleep on a bus result in creating a hat!!


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb