Giant jellyfish!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hai Phong » Cat Ba Island
October 11th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our morning on Cat Ba was a busy one, we headed to the harbor again for a little boat trip out to a kayak station around some of the islands. On the way we saw several huge white jellyfish-which we were told are quite nasty ones- something the captain of our boat the previous day neglected to tell us as we hurled ourselves off the boat.. lucky escape me thinks!!
We hopped in the double kayaks and headed off-once we had mastered our stroke we were ok although we tended not to be able to do much in a straight line..i blame the tide not our steering!!!
we headed around some islands, into a lagoon and stopped on a little secluded beach for a dip and to rest our aching arms, a quick jaunt back and then back on the boat for some fresh fruit and oreos!!

We hopped on the very sorry looking hydro-foil back to the mainland and bus trip to the hotel for the farewell meal with T and 4 of our group.. like losing family members!!

We had a lovely local meal and then went to a little bar- funny how they shut the downstairs put us upstairs and turned on some disco balls for us- and then literally waited for us to finish before they could close!! we then headed off in search of Funky Buddha.. a club that according to some other intrepid travellers was amazing.. could we find it... hell no! after wandering around aimlessly for a while we were stopped by a guy wearing a funky buddha tshirt- it turned out we had walked past the said club several times.. once they opened the metal grills we saw it.. and went in (only to have the shutters put back down after us-very bizarre) it wasn't the best club but we had fun dancing to rave music and people watching before tumbling home and hopping into our comfy beds!

Advertisement



15th October 2008

Kayaking
Sounds like you need some Kayaking tuition from the Masters!!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb