Hoi An Ancient Town


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hoi AnHoi AnHoi An

Hoi An Ancient Town Overview
Hoi An is located 30km south of Danang city. Hoi An used to be an international trade center of Vietnam in the 16th and 17th centuries of Vietnam. It was the busiest port of Vietnam under the reign of Nguyen dynasty as merchants from Japna, China, Portugal, Spain, Holland... often landed for exchanging and purchasing commodities.

In the past Hoi An played an important role in converging and exchanging of many cultures such as Champa, Vietnamese, Prtuguese, Japanese and Chinese. Therefore Hoi An was impacted by the cultures of these countriesm especcially China.

Hoi An is an ancient town of Vietnam. Up to now, it has still preserved its original architectures, including houses, temples, pagodas, streets, ports, civil buildings, religious structures and other non-religious worshiping structures.

Nowadays, Hoi An becomes one of the most tourist attractions of Vietnam. It does not attract tourists because of the historical features but also its poetic and picturesque landscapes such as Thuan Tinh islet, Cua Dai beach, together with traditional handcrafts and famous local specialties.

Hoi An was considered as a World Heritage site by UNESCO in December 1999, whic is a pride of Vietnamese people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb